1. These terms and conditions govern the campaign #ProtectIndiasEngine (“Campaign”) organized by Network18 Media & Investments Limited (along with its group companies) in association with Castrol India Ltd (“Sponsor”) .
2. To participate in the Campaign, users shall be required to visit the website www.protectindiasengine.com and www.protectindiasengine.com/hindi (“Websites”) and take the pledge by clicking on Pledge button. Alternatively, users can give a missed call on the number 7574-003-002 to get their pledge registered or pledge through any other means of pledging as provided by the brand during the campaign
3. The aim of the initiative is to encourage people to pledge towards the cause and in turn upskill the mechanics to be able to run their business better during challenging times. A pledge will be considered as one of the three below:
(a) Visiting the websites and clicking on the ‘Pledge’ button (b) Giving a missed call on 7574-003-002 (c) Any other means as provided by the brand during the campaign
4. The Sponsor for the Campaign shall spend a sum of Rs.10 against every pledge received between 1st September 2020 and 30th September 2020 will be utilized for the upliftment of mechanics, subject to a maximum spend of INR 50 lakh. The upskilling program will be carried out through virtual or physical medium and will be carried out within the time period of 1st October 2020 to 30th June 2021. The spends for upskilling will include but not being limited to content development, production, deployment, third party costs and fees, message broadcasting etc.
5. NW18 shall not be held liable for any issues/inappropriation/misrepresentation in relation to/ or arising out of the spends made by the Sponsor.
6. Rules of participation for the Campaign:
(i) The user shall be an Indian Resident and above 18 years of age; (ii) The user shall be a registered Twitter / Facebook / Instagram user; (iii) shall possess a valid and active calling number; (iv) User shall be required to click on the Pledge button on the Websites to pledge for the Campaign / Users may also participate in the Campaign by giving a missed call on 7574-003-002 number which will be carried across all the communication streams/ User may pledge through any other means of pledging as provided by the Sponsor during the campaign (v) The backend operations of the disbursement of the money donated by the Sponsor shall be solely managed by the Sponsor. (vi) Employees of NW18 and Castrol & its subsidiaries/group companies as well as those companies & their subsidiaries sponsoring the Campaign and their families are not eligible to participate in the Campaign.
7. There will be no gratification provided to the Users for participating in the Campaign.
9. Network 18 and Castrol at its sole discretion reserves the right to modify the terms and conditions relating to the Campaign from time to time and/or suspend, shorten, modify, extend or cancel the same without prior notice, without stating any reason and no claim in this regard shall be entertained.
10. Unless otherwise expressly stated, copyright, database right or similar rights in all material in relation to the Campaign (including graphical images, text, video clips, demographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files except Castrol and BP logos, images, trademarks and intellectual property, which will solely be owned by Castrol and/or BP) is owned,controlled or licensed by NW18 and Castrol or its affiliates and is protected or covered by copyright, trade mark, intellectual property law and other proprietary rights
11. The Campaign shall commence from 1st September 2020 and shall remain valid till 30th September 2020. The Campaign is applicable only within the territorial jurisdiction of India.
12. Sponsor and its affiliates, directors and employees are in no way responsible for any acts and accepts no liability for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising in any manner (including indirect and consequential loss) (i) with respect to the execution of the Campaign and any third party claims and any data privacy concerns arising therefrom (ii) for any material relating to the Campaign including any content or material on the websites through which the Campaign may be launched (iii) for contents on the hyperlinks or advertisements or promotions appearing on such websites (iv) for any defects, errors, imperfections, faults, mistake or inaccuracy with the websites, its contents or associated services or due to unavailability of the website or any part thereof.
13. NW18, its affiliates, directors and employees are in no way responsible for any acts and accepts no liability for any losses, damages, costs or expenses arising in any manner (including indirect and consequential loss) (i) with respect to the execution of the Campaign and any third party claims and any data privacy concerns arising therefrom (ii) for any material relating to the Campaign including any content or material on the websites through which the Campaign may be launched (iii) for contents on the hyperlinks or advertisements or promotions appearing on such websites (iv) for any defects, errors, imperfections, faults, mistake or inaccuracy with the websites, its contents or associated services or due to unavailability of the website or any part thereof.
14. By agreeing to participate in the Campaign, the user grants NW18 and Castrol a royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive license to display, distribute to third party(ies), reproduce and create derivative works of the entries, in whole or in part, in any media now existing or subsequently developed, for any promotional, publicity, exhibition, archival, and all other standard purposes.
15. The Management of NW18 and Castrol & its subsidiaries/group companies reserve the right to cancel / postpone /stop this Campaign at its discretion or change all or any part of terms and conditions that are applicable, without giving prior intimation of any kind and being liable for any consequential losses/damages.
16. The users agrees that they shall indemnify, hold harmless NW18 and Castrol, its employees, officers or any other person in relation to any injury/damage/harm/loss suffered by them, in any manner, whatsoever in connection with the Campaign and shall also not file in person/ through any family member, criminal and/or civil proceedings in any courts or forum anywhere in the world against the sponsor/partners, and/or the NW18 or Castrol to claim any damages or reliefs’ or otherwise.
17. Nothing here in amounts to a commitment or representation by NW18 or Castrol to conduct further or other Campaign.
18. NW18 and Castrol reserves all rights to make amendments to the existing terms of the Campaign, and/or withdraw the Campaign and/or, change the schedule of the Campaign.
19. We are fully committed to following laws related to the collection of data and to our carefully considered policy on data collection. You are required to give us the correct details about yourself and NW18 and Castrol will not be liable for any damages direct or indirect for any wrong addresses/information submitted. Taking part in the registration process shall be deemed to be consent by the User to receive messages about the Campaign and other promotional programs of Castrol India Limited and messages relating to the contest from Castrol or any third party so authorized by Castrol.
20. NW18 and Castrol will not be liable for any loss, claim, damage, expenses whether expressed, implied, real, consequential incurred by the candidate due to participation in the Campaign.
21. To the extent permitted by law, NW18 and Castrol or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents, shall not be liable for any loss suffered or sustained, to person or property including, but not limited to, consequential (including economic) loss by reason of any act or omission, deliberate or negligent on the part of NW18 and Castrol or its representatives, employees, directors, officers or agents.
22. These terms and conditions shall be governed by & construed in accordance with the applicable laws in India. Any dispute including any dispute arising out of all matters with respect to the Contest are subject to the jurisdiction of the Courts at Mumbai only.